- The Hugh O’Brien Leadership (HOBY) is a State Leadership Seminar that is an opportunity for a sophomore student to gain valuable leadership skills.
- The seminar is designed for sophomore students who may not be involved with student government but still exhibit leadership qualities and desire to hone their leadership talents and apply them to become effective, ethical leaders in their home, school, workplace, and community.
- HOBY leadership programs are designed to prepare students to turn their ideas and goals into reality. Each program adheres to the five core HOBY values: Volunteerism, Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, and Community Partnership. For more information, go to hoby.org.
- The dates for the conference are June 23rd through June 25th, 2023 at the University of San Diego.
Here’s a link to a video for more information: https://youtu.be/RBFJ3UoDEtM
To qualify as a candidate for the HOBY. You must:
1. Be a sophomore
2. Write a one paragraph about leadership: What are the most challenging and rewarding aspects of being a leader?
3. Must submit your application by Saturday, November 5th.
4. Ten selected candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
5. The two selected candidates will be notified prior to Thanksgiving Break.
If you are interested in applying, please click on the following link: t.ly/SN17
The Santiago Counseling Department