Summer Assignments: Click Here
How Can My Counselor Assist Me Academically?
- Create individual four-year planning by appointment
- Registration and scheduling of classes.
- Academic counseling for course selection, improving grades and general academic success strategies.
- Credit recovery, preparing for and applying to college and referrals to alternative education programs.
- Presentations are made to seniors regarding college applications, testing for college entrance, financial aid and scholarships.
- Presentations are made to sophomores regarding college planning, high school graduation requirements and career planning.
- Presentations are made to freshmen to introduce them to available campus resources, high school graduation requirements and college admission requirements.
- Counselors act as a liaison for students and parents to teachers.
- NCAA Clearinghouse information for athletes
- Local scholarship bulletin and websites for national scholarship searches.
- Liaison to Career Technical Education (CTE formerly ROP).
- Monthly meetings with English Language Learners to discuss the redesignation process and support a successful academic experience.
- Transcript review for completion of high school requirements and admission to the University of California, California State University, Riverside Community College, trade school and the military.
- Post-secondary educational counseling.
- Assist students with college applications.
- Parent and teacher conferences.