What Are the Advantages of Going to Community College?
If You Plan to Go on to a Four-Year University:
- Community Colleges- offer a financial advantage, many cost less than two thousand dollars each semester to attend full time.
- Flexible Schedule- if you plan to work, community colleges offer far more night classes than other universities
- Explore Major Options- Classes cost less, so you will have the opportunity to explore interests that you might not have otherwise pursued.
- Smaller Classes- Many classes have between 25-35 students
- Qualified Professors- Many accomplished instructors teach part-time at community schools
- Transitional- Attending community school gives students the opportunity to earn college credit while taking the time to select the 4-year institution that is right for them.
If You Want to Get a Better Career (Try the CTE Programs):
- Real-World Ready- Career education students launch their careers faster, with higher starting salaries
- Tech Ready-You access the latest industry technology, entering a career with more experience and more confidence
- Workforce Read- Regional industries are driven by educated professionals with hands-on training
- Future Ready- Secure a more stable future by learning a crucial skill in a fast-growing, recession-proof industry.
Double Your Hourly Wage in Just Two Years
The California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office provides a website, "Salary Surfer", which estimates potential wages earned between two and five years after receiving a certificate or degree in certain disciplines.
Check out the website to the right to explore potential careers and salaries from a two-year degree.
What Kind of Careers are Offered at a Community College?
Discover majors and in-demand careers based on your interests! Use the Career Coach tool to take a career assessment and explore careers and programs.
What Types of Programs are Offered at Community College?
The Inland Empire/Desert Region has 12 community colleges and hundreds of programs. View programs on the California Community Colleges Career Coach website.